Thursday 5 March 2009

The thing I hate the most......

At the beginning of the year my weight was.... wait for it.... 111.7kg which is 17.6 stone. Yep - I was a slightly overweight. My aim this year was... and still is... to lose a good percentage of that.

So I joined a gym and went every morning...well most mornings with my good friend Mark W. I began to eat healthy stuff and cut out all rubbish. Not completely mind you, I've had 2 curries this year :) (I don't agree with complete denial of the good stuff)

I also started training for this half marathon. I've mentioned before that I hate running - deeply hate running. The weird thing is that the thing I hate so much is the thing that is working!

I now weigh in at 16.6 stone (106kg) I'VE LOST A STONE - 14 pounds of fat!! Woohoo. This running lark has its benefits. This evening I went for a short 2 mile run. I remember trying to run this a few months ago and failing badly!

This time - complete breeze. No pain, a little huffing and not a hint of sickness!

You never know - after Silverstone, you may still see me running... you just never know.

No comments: