Monday 2 March 2009

Silverstone - 5

Less than 2 weeks away!

My race number came last week - 3880. Kinda brought the reality of the entire thing front and centre! Yesterday we ran 10 miles and for the first time I managed to complete a run without stopping (Mark Carp's a legend!)

I was hurting soo much - 8 miles in I desperately wanted to stop. Mark turns to me and says "No point stopping now, you've done 8 - you can't let the last 2 beat you!"

So I plodded on. Monday morning I felt like I'd had open knee surgery without the pain relief! I walked funny, and struggled through the day. But you know what... despite the pain - I'm very proud of what I've achieved.
Chatting with people on Sunday at church - someone said they could never run 5 miles. To be honest 6 months ago I thought the same. I still hate running, but I've developed a new found respect for them. The level of determination and sheer grit it must take to keep going it admirable - certainly in me. I can never say "I can't run 10 miles" :)

so 15th March - 12pm I'll be running 13.1 miles - that's only 3.1 more than I've run already. Can't be that much harder........can it?

No comments: